Thursday, October 8, 2009

Defensive problems for a change

Was busy doing some work on focus pocus theory, when some hands jumped at me as illustration of the concepts. Well, they were given to me as problems that is!
Three defensive hands that the experts will get right no doubt, through the appropriate use of focus. Here is your chance to get them right too.

Exhibit A

You lead the diamond K and partner discourages and the King holds
Your play?



Exhibit B

You are on lead. Choose it



Exhibit C:
You are on lead. Choose it.

1 comment:

  1. I find the description of hand A confusing. If you identified N, S, E and W and which one is me and which is dummy, it would help a lot.
    Hand B, presumably partner wants a heart ruff.
    Hand C, you want to find partner's suit. I'd probably try a small heart.

    ReplyDelete